On this page you’ll find all merchandize cards from Roy Keane and his international career for the Republic of Ireland and that I actually own. I don’t copy & paste pictures from all around the internet. So chances are that these aren’t all cards available. If you like to suggest one or more cards for me to complete my collection, just give me a hint in the commentary section on this page. Thanks in advance!
Season 1993 / 1994
- Barratt World Beaters
- [Card] No. 16 Series of 48
- Roy Keane Republic of Ireland
A midfield player who made his debut for Nottingham Forest at Liverpool. Keane has emerged as one of the most sought after players in Europe carrying a £6 million price tag on his shoulders. For the Republic of Ireland he has simply been outstanding and in a recent World Cup qualifier against Spain received the ultimate accolade from Diego Maradona, who described him as the best midfielder he had seen in recent years.
Keane’s strengths are his forward runs, accurate passing, tough tackling and eye for goal.
It’s a lethal combination that has proved essential for the success of Jack Charlton’s Republic of Ireland and one of the reasons why they remain a constant threat to the big guns in international football.
How many World Cup Finals Tournaments has Maradona appeared in?
- Upper Deck / Minute Maid World Cup USA 94
- [Card no.] 15 / 172
- Roy Keane
- Midfield / Mediocampista / Mediano
- Age / Edad / Età: 22
Height / Estatura / Altezza: 5’10” / 1,78m
Weight / Peso: 160lbs / 72kg
|Apps / Pre. / Pres.||GS / PI / Par||Goals / GF / RF|
|WC ’94 (Qual / Clasif.)||12||12||0|
|Career / Carrera / Carriera||20||20||0|
- [English] A midfielder with an eye for goal, Roy Keane times his runs into the penalty area from deep positions to perfection. He is very strong in the air.
- [Spanish] Es un mediocampista al que le gusta salir al ataque, Roy Keane mide a la perfección sus carreras al área contraria. Es muy bueno en el juego aéreo.
- [Italian] Roy Keane è un mediano d’attaco molto forte nel gioco aereo, e risulta assai pericoloso quando si spinge al limite dell’area avversaria.
- Upper Deck Future Stars / Zukünftige Stars
- [Card no.] 133 Ireland World Cup 1994
- Roy Keane
- [English] Roy Keane stormed onto the British Soccer scene in the 1990-91 season at the age of 19, finishing that year in a Cup Final appearance at Wembley and his first full Irish cap against Chile. Keane’s penetrating and forceful runs from midfield have earned him over 20 goals for his club and made him one of the Republic’s most feared players. He is sure to be one of the key figures in coach Jack Charlton’s World Cup plans.
- [German] Roy Keane stürmte im jungen Alter von 19 Jahren in der Saison 1990-91 die britische Fußballbühne und krönte dieses Jahr mit einer Pokalfinalteilnahme im Wembley-Stadion und seinem ersten Spiel für die Nationalelf über die gesamte Spieldauer gegen Chile. Seine kraftvollen, kaum zu stoppenden Alleingänge, zu denen er gern im Mittelfeld ansetzt, haben ihm im Verein schon 20 Tore eingebracht und ihn zu einem der gefürchtetsten Spieler im irischen Team werden lassen. Er wird sicherlich auch eine Schlüsselrolle bei den WM-Plänen von Trainer Jack Charlton spielen.
- Panini USA ’94
- [Sticker no.] 330
- Roy Keane Ireland
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes World Cup USA 94 [Card no.] 18
- Roy Keane Republic of Ireland
- Height: 5’10” [1.78m]
- Weight: 11st 7lb [73kg]
- Born: 10th August 1971
- Caps: 19. Goals: 0 at 30/11/93
- Debut v Chile on 22/5/91
- One of the most exciting discoveries in Irish football, Roy signed for Manchester United in July 1993 for a staggering £3.75 million.
- Notts Forest discovered him in 1990, picking him for a small fee from Cobh Ramblers. He made 35 League appearances, played in the FA Cup Final against Spurs and became a full international that season.
- He featured in two Wembley finals in the following year – League Cup and Zenith.
WORLD CUP FANTASTIC FACTS
The Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium, Washington DC, is the home of the Washington Redskins, the celebrated American football team, who play there in front of a regular 56,000 capacity crowd.
► A soccer match once drew 53,000 to the stadium, when the Washington Diplomats met the New York Cosmos in 1980.
WORLD CUP GLORY
Only two countries have hosted the World Cup twice. Mexico staged the wonderful spectacle of the 1970 finals – Brazil rampant in the Final, a seven-goal thriller between Italy and West Germany in the semi, and the trauma of England surrendering a 2-0 lead in the quarter-final. Colombia were originally chosen to host the 1986 tournament, but Mexico stepped in after their withdrawal and gave us the World Cup of Maradona and another South American success. Italy staged the finals in 1934 and 1990.
- Panini USA 94
- [Sticker no.] 317
- Roy Keane
Season 1996 / 1997
- Barratt football candy sticks [Card no.] 42
- world stars series
- Roy Keane – Manchester United
- This Republic of Ireland international was briefly the most expensive player in Britain when he swapped the City Ground for Old Trafford in 1993. He’s gone from strength to strength with every season at United.
- The first Match Of The Day programme was shown in 1964 and featured highlights of Liverpool versus Arsenal.
- During the 1956 FA Cup final Man. City ‘keeper Bert Trautmann played on despite breaking his neck.
Season 2000 / 2001
- Futera PLATINUM 1st Class World Stars
- [Card no.] 14
- Roy Keane EIRE
As the influential force and captain of Manchester United and Ireland, Keane would have to be known as one of the best midfielders in Europe. His consistently high level work-rate, his drive and determination, and no compromise attitude stand him out from the rest.
- Futera PLATINUM Team Universe World Stars
- [Card no.] 45
- Roy Keane MIDFIELD
With the exception of Edgar Davids, there can be no other player whose performances can be so visibally heartfelt and compelling. With spirit and determination so great the fans can feel his presence throughout every corner of the stadium, he epitomises his role as captain.